David L. Huntoon, CPA, CSEP, CGMA
Member - Manager
N.C. CPA Certificate #19111
David L. Huntoon, CPA, CSEP, CGMA graduated St. Bonaventure University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree. He has 28 years of public accounting experience and is licensed in both Maryland and North Carolina. Since 2001 David has additionally held the designation of Certified Specialist in Estate Planning through the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He has vast expertise in the areas of estate and gift planning and has extensive knowledge in corporate, individual, partnership and fiduciary taxation. His many years of experience working with individuals as well as small business and their owners enables David to provide cradle-to-grave tax planning compliance services.
David lives in Chapel Hill in a home divided by the battle of the blues. He and his son carry the Duke banner while his wonderful wife of 27 years and two lovely daughters support the Carolina blue of UNC. When he’s not supporting the Hurricanes’ yearly rally for the cup, David spends his time pursuing family activities and volunteering with various civic organizations.
- Member AICPA
- Member NCACPA
- Member of Tax Sub-Committee
- Past chair of Taxation Committee
- Past Sub-Chair of North Carolina Department of Revenue and New Legislative Committees
- Member Durham/Orange County Estate Planning Council
- Past President (two terms)
- Board Member Chapel Hill-Carrboro Public School Foundation
- Past Treasurer
- Served in various other Board/Officer positions for local not-for-profit organizations including Past President and Treasure of the Kiwanis Club of Orange County
Routinely presents tax update presentations to various professional groups such as Duke University, UNC at Chapel Hill and East Carolina University’s Medical Association, and has been a guest speaker on the UNC-TV show “Tax Breaks”.